Note: A 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution can be purchased at any drug store, Costco or at your local grocer. Your fist line of defense with any water issues is circulation. Use your jets to solve most issues. For Cloudy water and tubs under 275 gallons we recommend using a natural clarifier such as 'Spa perfect'. Go to our web site for full supplement descriptions at ahhnatural.com
- Activate your ahhNatural bag. Remove the ahhNatural mineral bag from the clear plastic wrapping. Fill your kitchen sink with water, swish / massage the mineral bag vigorously to remove topical dust and fine mineral particles. Repeat this 3-4 times or until water is clear. When bag is clean, fill a 5 gallon bucket with fresh warm water and add one cup of Ancient Sea Salt and 2 tbs. of spa-Up (Sodium Bicarbonate). Mix thoroughly, then simply place the ahhNatural mineral bag in the bucket. LET SOAK FOR 18 HRS. Rinse / massage the bag thoroughly in fresh water to remove any remaining dust and fine mineral particles. Repeat until water is mostly clear. Your ahhNatural mineral bag is now activated. Keep it in a bucket of fresh water until you are ready to place it in your newly cleaned hot tub for use.
- We strongly recommend using new filters at first installation, but if you choose to use your old filters, wash off all dirt with a hose pressure nozzle. Place in a bucket and pour one quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide directly on the filter surface evenly. Add enough water to cover filters. Soak filters for a minimum of 1 hour and then rinse thoroughly. DO NOT use chemical cleansers. Keeping your filters clean is essential in order for the ahhNatural system to function optimally.
Detox your tub. If you have an older tub or have been using chemicals for more than 2 years, you must use Spa purge (natural enzyme, go to step 4) or a bleach shock for 2 days before you go to step 3. Simply pour 1/2 cups of household bleach (per 100 gallons of spa water) into your hot tub and run the jets for 45 minutes 2 times each day. Go to step 3.
- Add two quarts of hydrogen peroxide directly into the filter compartment and run jets on high for 45 minutes to “boil out” your spa. Turn off the power and drain your tub. Continue to run your hose inside your spas filter compartment with the drain open while moving to step 4. The object is to drain all toxic residue out of your tub and plumbing.
- After draining, clean the empty spa shell thoroughly with a solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide using a sponge or cloth. Pay special attention around jets and in the filter compartment. Rinse thoroughly and drain before refilling. DO NOT use any chemical cleanser as this can alter the chemistry of the ahhNatural system and hinder performance.
- Scrub your cover as well, with a 3% hydrogen peroxide wash. Pour a generous amount of hydrogen peroxide onto your cover and scrub using a sponge or brush. Pay special attention to zippers and seams. Rinse well with pressure nozzle.
- Fill your spa with fresh water. If you have hard water over 20 grains hardness and do not have a water softener, it is recommended that you use filtered water or use Metal Free before you place your ahh bag in the water.
- Install your new spa filters and add 1/2 c of Ancient Sea Salt (per 100 gallons of spa water) into your spa water. Run your jets on high for 15 to 30 minutes. Add one quart of hydrogen peroxide to the water. This helps dissolve the salt and balance your water. Check your pH once a week for the first month (aim for 8.0, this is the ideal pH of a natural river or lake) and adjust if needed with spaUp or spaDown.
- Place the ahhNatural bag on the bottom of the spa (near output valve, if possible). While bathing, fluff your ahhNatural bag once a week so it can release old particulates and absorb new contaminates. After exiting, run your jets for ten minutes or so. This will pick up new contaminates and assure your water is clear and clean when you return.
- Enjoy! Reactivate (step 1) your bag every other month and whenever water is changed in your hot tub. We recommend at least three to four times a year! Reuse your water in your landscaping - it's chemical free!
All supplements, Non chlorine shock (MPS) Spa perfect, Metal Free and Spa Purge are available on our web site: ahhnatural.com